Everyone enjoys a little pampering – some “me” time to unwind, soothe aching muscles, cleanse and rejuvenate.
And there’s no better time than on holidays to take advantage of spa menus and experiences to recapture the real you.
Beauty and massage therapists and day spas are dotted throughout the region but here’s a few to get to know better.
- ASANTE DAY SPA AND BROW OBSESSION, BEACH RD, COOLUM: Walk through the doors and be transported to an exotic corner of Africa or Morocco. The exquisite and exclusive packages at Asante focus on nurturing and healing Ayurvedic treatments that include body massage, facials, head, hand and sole rituals, body polishes and wraps. Designer eyebrows, silk lash extensions, body sugaring and spray tanning are also specialties, or try a couples spa package.
- NOOSA SPRINGS GOLF AND SPA RESORT, LINKS DR, NOOSA HEADS: The soothing hydro massage pool with intensive water jets and flotation pool with starlit ceiling alone are worth a visit. But most clients enjoy the experience in combination with the steam room, infrared sauna, blitz shower, thermal capsule and treatment – from facials and body scrubs to manicures and pedicures, plus a diverse range of massages. The treatments and facilities are inspired by ancient Roman and Greek traditions and based on European aqua therapy, with rooms opening to private courtyards with tranquil water features.
- IKATAN BALINESE DAY SPA, GRAYS RD, DOONAN: This unique therapy business recently was awarded 2019-2020 Australia Wellness Spa by Luxury Travel Guide. It gives a Noosa-style twist to the concept of a Balinese village, built on acreage in the hinterland. Treatment rooms are double and single air-conditioned rooms, set up as villas within the gardens. Head massages, as well as feet and hand treatments, are performed in a communal garden room that brings the outside in. Traditional Balinese recipes form the basis of most of the treatments, and staff members are given plenty of time to care for clients to ensure optimal relaxation.
- ORGANICA DAY SPA, GREBE ST, PEREGIAN BEACH: This boutique day spa has more than 33 years’ experience in offering all types of massage, therapies and beauty treatments including organic facials and advanced skin treatments. Why not try a herbal spa bath, infrared detox sauna or body wrap?
- WATERFALL DAY SPA, THE ESPLANADE, MOOLOOLABA: This spa is a little oasis in the heart of the Sunshine Coast – a place to escape, de-stress and restore balance. A double treatment room with a private waterfall courtyard garden is available, while a wide selection of spa packages and therapies by award-winning therapists could be just the welcome pick-me-up you need.
- STEPHANIES OCEAN SPA, LITTLE HASTINGS STREET, NOOSA: Located on the edge of Noosa National Park and Biosphere Reserve, the spa offers 11 purpose-built private suites for therapy and water treatments, plus its Luxury Pedicure and Manicure Lounge. A triple suite has a colour therapy mineral flotation pool, two suites include a Geisha’-style couple’s hydro bath, and there’s a hand-crafted timber bath for individual comfort. All double and triple signature spa spaces boast stunning private views into the national park. The Ocean Spa’s signature rain-therapy rituals take place in a special suite, with a hand-crafted timber Vichy shower-jet table.
Related Tag: Booking Villas